A vast majority of conspiracy theories are opinion, implication, and speculation. These unverified ideas often aid critical writers and officials who claim that all conspiracy is untenable. The handful of major conspiracies supported by fact and evidence are lost among popular speculation. Some may consider it strange a research author would rebut a pro-conspiracy advocate. While I support everyone voicing their ideas about possible conspiracy, the ideas must have some foundation in reason.
If verified documents both independent and official do not allow reasonable support, the idea remains unproven. Speculation represented as fact remains dangerous, no matter who offers it. By dispelling unproven speculation, we can further refine the verified and proven evidence that remains. To claim that anything besides a small amount of possible conspiracies have occurred remains unproven.
While corruption is a perpetual concern in government, most suspicious activity is not conspiracy. Most corruption and deception is merely to protect and conceal basic abuses of power, not shadowy agendas. Offering disinformation is far worse than simply remaining silent. Some contend impossible theories without necessary proof.
1. "Interestingly enough, soon after the assassination the interest-free money was taken out of circulation" (Wes Penre)
Bank notes then and in modern times have a lifespan before circulation removal.i This has occurred repeatedly throughout history despite the president of America. While modern financial conspiracies occurred in some cases, it does not infer a century old plot influenced President Kennedy's death. America's economic recessions emerge from vile modern business practices, not the antiquated fantasy of unproven theory.
2. "Maybe the assassination of President Kennedy was a warning to successors..." (Wes Penre)
Maybe, possibly, and could have been do not substantiate incredible claims. There are definite modern examples of financial conspiracy and insider corruption.ii However, no verified evidence supports John F. Kennedy's being assassinated by minions of the Federal Reserve System. While many pieces of evidence and testimony offer reasons to question the Kennedy assassination iii., they are realistic questions. They do not require an improbable Federal Reserve plot to succeed.
3. "Although Mr. Kennedy was of an Illuminati bloodline and probably also an occultist on some level, and even involved in practices a common man would disagree with, I believe he was a man of honor when it came to politics..." (Wes Penre)
The Illuminati is the massive construct some conspiracy advocates support as the ultimate excuse for unbelievable claims. These ancient or powerful bloodlines are seeking power which some assert shall result in absolute control of humanity. This idea strikes me as nearly impossible, but also is a denial of basic logic. It ignores the repeated opportunities for betrayal, exposure, and humanity's need to invent a greater power beyond itself. While many wealthy interests act to further benefit themselves, how can a group control every major decision in the world?
The United States and European Union are ever in political conflict.iv v vi North Korea threatens to destabilize Asia vii, where are the masters of the supposed Illuminati to protect their investment? Here is where Penre's story transforms into greater mythology. Some fringe voices believe that massive depopulation shall follow the Illuminati power seizure. Some writers also state the Moon Landing did not occur, others that aliens live among us, and some believe in deities. Belief is not proof.
Money and title have ever determined power among humans. No association besides genetics and currency is required to become a member of the supposed elite. There are no ridiculous occult practices outside the Catholic faith in President Kennedy's life. To suggest otherwise is despite the facts and evidence in my view. Also quite strangely, Penre says "(Kennedy was)...involved in practices a common man would disagree with..." this may suggest some unlikely occult practice. Then Penre ignores these practices, and states, "I believe he was a man of honor when it came to politics..." I believe this is a further naive generalization.
Politics by nature is not honorable and it has not been so in centuries. Even the repeated legendary stories about world leaders are often the product of embellishment and distortion. The disregard for others speculated upon by Penre does not require a grand conspiracy but simply greed and apathy. These traits have always been abundant motivation for human behavior. No mythical origin is necessary.
4. "The same thing goes for his brother Robert, and his son John F. Kennedy Jr., whom threatened to reveal the Secret Behind Power shortly before he had his "accident". It is very interesting to see that all those three Kennedy's are now dead before their time, while Edward (Ted) Kennedy is still alive, being the one who goes in father Joe's footsteps to bring the New World Order into a reality." (Wes Penre)
Any reference of a Kennedy conspiracy outside of John and Robert Kennedy's assassination does not use verified proof, testimony, or official evidence for support. To declare further Kennedy deaths based on unproven Illuminati connections is absurd. Penre further deviates from any proof or factually supported view by asserting Ted Kennedy grew old because he promoted a New World Order (NWO). Like the Illuminati, the NWO is a catch phrase for impossibly large conspiracies designed to rule the world. Both do not serve any purpose other than in my view to prove their proponents are intellectually lazy or gullible.
5. Wes Penre's ideas regarding "The Last Confession of E. Howard Hunt"
The ideas are unproven, they only support Hunt's involvement in Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) activities. The article itself discloses that Hunt ultimately omitted his assassination list after subsequently regaining his health. This reference supports certain aspects of conspiracy but the list of suspects Hunt offers is highly suspect for its timing and lack of supporting evidence. Hunt being a former CIA asset does not mean he was privy to every secret the Agency might possess, or acted with full honesty in providing later information.
6. "Beyond any reasonable doubt, the US government murdered John F. Kennedy." (Wes Penre)
Incorrect, no trial ever occurred and no evidence proves the American government as a whole is responsible. This general charge of the entire government is ridiculous. Anything greater than a few small groups is beyond feasible. Too many opportunities for mistakes and discovery exist. Again, Penre's uses illogical beliefs to support his statements, rather than using evidence to prove his claims.
7. "Presidential Synchronicity" (Wes Penre)
1. Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress 1846, John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
2. Lincoln was elected President in 1860, Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
3. The name Lincoln contains seven letters, The name Kennedy contains seven letters.
4. Lincoln's wife lost a child while living in the White House, Kennedy's wife lost a child while living in the White House.
5. Lincoln was shot on a Friday, Kennedy was shot on a Friday.
6. Lincoln was shot in the head, Kennedy was shot in the head.
7. Lincoln's secretary's name was Kennedy, Kennedy's secretary's name was Lincoln.
8. Lincoln's successor was named Johnson, Kennedy's successor was named Johnson.
9. Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808, Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
10. John Wilkes Booth, who "assumingly" (sic) assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839, Lee Harvey Oswald, who "assumingly" assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.
11. Booth was known by his three names, Oswald was known by his three names.
12. Booth's names are comprised of fifteen letters, Oswald's names are comprised of fifteen letters.
13. Lincoln was shot at the theater named "Kennedy", Kennedy was shot in a car called "Lincoln"
14. Both ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse, Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater
15. Booth was assassinated before his trial, Oswald was assassinated before his trial
16. A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland, A week before Kennedy was shot, he was in Marilyn Monroe.
This is ridiculous literary black magic akin to numerology, horoscopes, and self-fulfilling prophecy. You can take any two politicians and find similarities between them. The first and second claims are seemingly persuasive because a hundred years passed. It means nothing. The third offers significance for each name having the same amount of letters, of course so do meaningless and coincidence.
A fourth contention is repugnant and utilizes the death of children to make a connection. In the fifth and sixth, days of the week and wound locations hold some mystical connection that logic prevents me from seeing. The seventh claim assigns importance to Lincoln and Kennedy secretaries' having the last name of the opposite president, which also proves nothing. The eighth, ninth, and tenth are further name and numerology related assertions.
The eleventh states Oswald and Booth each used three names, just like everyone who uses their middle name. Claim twelve contends the death of Oswald and Booth by different circumstances appears similar, like many deaths throughout history. The thirteenth features irrelevant vehicle associations. The fourteenth and fifteenth claim attempt to use locational voodoo to explain wholly different deaths. Finally, the last claim now seeks to link a Hollywood celebrity to a location; this of course is irrational and unfortunate. Yet I do believe these points link to a common place, Mr. Penre's imagination.
i. "How long is the lifespan of U.S. paper money?", Currency and Coin section, the Federal Reserve System, federalreserve.gov
ii. Mark Gongloff, (August 27, 2012), “Libor Scandal’s Potential Costs Exploding to $88 Billion or More”, the Huffington Post, huffingtonpost.com
iii. “Tapes Show LBJ Doubted Same Bullet Hit Kennedy, Connally”, (April 16, 1994), Associated Press, the Los Angeles Times, latimes.com
iv. Steve Schifferies, (March 19, 2008), “The Iraq War: Counting the Costs”, BBC News, bbc.co.uk
v. Ian S. Livingston and Michael O’Hanlon, (August 22, 2012), “Afghanistan Index, also including selected data on Pakistan”, the Brookings Institute, brookings.edu
vi. "European Markets Tumble on Cyprus Worries", (March 18, 2013), Dow Jones Newswires, Euro Investor, euroinvestor.com
vii. "North Korea vows nuclear attack in US, saying Washington will be 'engulfed in a sea of fire', (March 7, 2013), Fox News, foxnews.com
If you wish to continue reviewing, Mr. Penre's other claims see them here: illuminati-news.com