The structure first served as a business warehouse prior to its later crime scene designation and its construction style resembled Chicago designs seemingly inspired by its past owners. The Rock Island Plow Company sold the building in 1937 and a succession of owners and tenant businesses followed over the years. In 1963, the Texas Schoolbook Depository Company used its upper floors to process book orders and for storage. The County of Dallas later purchased the building and renamed it the Dallas County Administration Building. Eventually the building was renovated and its upper floors were used to house its latest tenant the Sixth Floor Museum. Official photographs and diagrams near the scene of John F. Kennedy's assassination and surveyor materials are offered for review.
Positioned in the West End area of Dallas, this location was attributed the birthplace of Dallas to honor its founder John Neely Bryan's arrival in 1841. Bryan was a constant local force in the founding of the county and city of Dallas. Under the administration United States President Franklin Roosevelt significant construction and development of the Plaza occurred. This includes the Triple overpass and two Bryan pergolas on the sides of the area. Its current incarnation was later dedicated to the memory of Dallas civic patron G. B. Dealey and bears his name to this day. Photographs and diagrams of President John F. Kennedy assassination crime scene are offered below.
Formerly the community of Hord's Ridge in the 1800s, the area was later expanded by the completion of multiple railroad lines and increased local development. Notably the railway developments would link the area with Dallas and provide its citizens with increased trade and travel. Oak Cliff became a growing town and was annexed by the City of Dallas in 1903. Despite the annexation, Oak Cliff retains a suburban atmosphere separate from the urban landscape of Dallas. Various diagrams and photographs of Officer J.D. Tippit's murder scene are offered for inspection.
Located in the downtown eastern section of Dallas, the structure was a combination of its 1914 original construction and further expansion in 1956. The building sits on the intersection of three Dallas streets and prior served as both the Dallas Police station and City Jail. The structure gained notoriety as the scene of Lee Harvey Oswald's public televised murder by Jack Ruby. Photographs of the location are offered for your perusal.
Credits: Mary Ferrell Foundation, Dallas Police Municipal Collection, Baylor University Collection, President's Commission Documents, John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum (Boston, Mass.), Patrick Feller, and the Neapolis Media Group.